Red River Parish Personal Injury Lawyer
Assisting Injured Victims in Red River Parish Recover Compensation for Damages Sustained Due to the Negligence of Others
The word accident is rather deceiving as there are almost no accidents—someone’s negligence results in injuries, such as those sustained in a vehicle collision. Most vehicle collisions could’ve been avoided had one or more drivers been paying more attention to the road, obey traffic laws, etc. Any driver on the road owes a duty of care to other motorists, bicyclists, pedestrians, and motorcycle riders on the road. Most people think about hiring a Red River Parish personal injury lawyer after an auto accident, but many other legal issues fall under Louisiana personal injury law.
Property owners owe guests and customers a duty of care, just as nursing home staff owe their residents a duty. When someone breaches their duty, they can be held legally responsible. If you are an injured party, you have the right to bring a legal claim for your damages. If you suffered injuries due to someone else’s negligence, contact Rice & Kendig today to schedule an initial consultation.
Pursuing a Claim for Damages
Most negligent parties have insurance covering damages, but that doesn’t mean getting reimbursed for your injuries is straightforward. In fact, it’s quite the opposite. Louisiana law puts the burden on you to prove your claim. Before you can consider collecting compensation, you need to show:
- The defendant owed you a duty
- The defendant breached that duty
- Their breach of duty is what caused your injuries
- You suffered damages (such as financial losses for medical expenses and loss of earnings)
You need a skilled Red River Parish personal injury attorney to represent you. At Rice & Kendig, we have decades of experience assisting clients just like you. We understand how important your case is, and our legal team is dedicated to helping you get the compensation you deserve.
Some of the most common types of Louisiana personal injury cases our legal team handles include:
- Auto Accidents
- Aviation Accidents
- Bicycle Accidents
- Boat Accidents
- Brain Injuries
- Distracted Driving Accidents
- Dog Bites
- Drunk Driving Accidents
- Mass Tort
- Motorcycle Accidents
- Nursing Home Abuse and Neglect
- Oilfield Injuries
- Pedestrian Accidents
- Rear-End Collisions
- Rollover Accidents
- Slip and Falls
- Spine Injuries
- Truck Accidents
- T-Bone Accidents
- Uninsured Driver Accidents
- Wrongful Death Claims
Important Facts About Red River Parish Personal Injury Cases
Before you decide to pursue a claim, you need to understand the basics of personal injury law in Louisiana:
- Comparative Negligence: Louisiana is a pure negligence state, meaning you can still collect a portion of your damages, even if you are partially at fault for the accident.
- Statute of Limitations: The statute of limitations is the amount of time you have to file a lawsuit for your injuries; if you try to file past this date, the court will likely dismiss your action, and you will not be able to collect any damages.
- Jury Trial Threshold: Before you can request a jury trial in Louisiana, you must meet the $50,000 threshold in damages.
Contact a Red River Parish Personal Injury Lawyer
If you need assistance recovering compensation for a personal injury accident, let the experienced team at Rice & Kendig help. Contact our office today to schedule an initial consultation.