Webster Parish Personal Injury Lawyer
Personal injuries can turn a person’s life upside down. At Rice & Kendig, LLC, our team of Webster Parish personal injury lawyers have helped men, women, and children receive necessary compensation when another person’s negligence injures them.
Unfortunately, obtaining the compensation you are owed is harder than it should be. Many hurdles await the unwary, and Louisiana has some unforgiving laws on the books that require injured victims to act quickly. To protect your right to financial compensation, please contact us today.
Personal Injuries: Expensive & Disabling
Our clients suffer some of the most horrifying injuries imaginable following accidents that are not their fault. Even if their injuries are relatively minor, however, they can spend months at home or in the hospital attempting to recover. Our team has assisted those suffering from:
- Head injuries
- Facial injuries
- Back injuries
- Herniated discs
- Spinal column injuries
- Soft-tissue injuries
- Crush injuries
- Nerve damage
- Regional pain syndrome
- Post-traumatic stress disorder
With the cost of medical care skyrocketing year over year, it is no surprise that even minor accidents can leave someone with a hefty medical bill. Add in lost income and property damage, and our clients often lose tens of thousands of dollars—sometimes much more.
Personal Injury Cases We Handle
Our Webster Parish personal injury lawyers have the experience to help whenever someone’s negligence injures you. Negligence is a legal concept that refers to the duty of care that people owe others. When a person acts without reasonable care, and they injure someone in the process, then they are liable for the victim’s injuries and losses.
Our team can handle any negligence action, but we have particular experience with:
- Auto Accidents
- Aviation Accidents
- Bicycle Accidents
- Boat Accidents
- Brain Injury
- Car Accidents
- Distracted Driving Accidents
- Dog Bites
- Drunk Driving Accidents
- Mass Tort
- Motorcycle Accidents
- Nursing Home Neglect & Abuse
- Oilfield Injury
- Pedestrian Accidents
- Rear-End Collision
- Rollover Accidents
- Spine Injury
- Truck Accidents
- T-Bone Accidents
- Uninsured Driver Accidents
- Wrongful Death
Why You Need a Webster Parish Personal Injury Lawyer
Many people wrongly believe that they can handle their personal injury case themselves. They imagine all it takes is filling out a few insurance forms and then sitting back and receiving a check a month or two later.
In reality, insurers and their insureds vigorously fight back against claims. There are also many legal rules they use to their advantage:
- Comparative negligence. Often, a victim was also negligent in the moments leading up to the accident. For example, you might have not been paying attention to where you were walking, contributing to your slip and fall. Or you might have been driving slightly over the speed limit before your crash. Under Louisiana’s comparative negligence statute, your compensation gets reduced by your proportion of fault.
- Per Louisiana Civil Code Article 3492, victims must bring a lawsuit within one year of their accident, otherwise they forfeit their rights. This is a very unforgiving statute with a short deadline compared to other states.
- Jury trial threshold. You cannot request a jury trial unless your case is worth $50,000.
An unwary victim can easily lose out on considerable compensation without the right legal team guiding them through the process.
Contact Rice & Kendig Today
Our Webster Parish personal injury lawyers will gladly meet for a free consultation if you call us today.