Red River Parish Auto Accident Lawyer
Getting into an auto accident can really turn your life upside down. It’s not uncommon for people to have at least one auto accident in their lives, but it shouldn’t have to disrupt your life completely. Fortunately, many auto accidents are relatively minor. In other instances, you may require medical treatment for injuries sustained in the collision. If you or someone you love was injured in a car accident due to someone else’s negligence, you should speak with an experienced Red River Parish auto accident lawyer.
The injury attorneys at Rice & Kendig help injured victims just like you get the compensation they deserve in Louisiana auto accidents. We will protect your rights and fight for the money you are owed in a collision. Our Red River Parish auto accident lawyers understand what a stressful and confusing time this can be for you.
Types of Auto Accidents
We handle a wide variety of auto accidents for our clients. Some of the most common ones include:
- Car Accidents
- Bicycle Accidents
- Brain Injuries
- Distracted Driving Accidents
- Pedestrian Accidents
- Drunk Driving Accidents
- Motorcycle Accidents
- Pedestrian Accidents
- Rollover Accidents
- Rear-end Collisions
- Truck Accidents
- Spine Injuries
- T-Bone Accidents
- Uninsured Driver Accidents
- Wrongful Death
Types of Compensation Available in a Red River Parish Auto Accident
The financial compensation you can receive in an accident is typically referred to as damages. Damages fall into several different categories — economic and non-economic damages. In limited cases, you may get punitive damages. Your attorney will help pursue all eligible damages you are entitled to receive.
- Economic Damages: These are losses that can be calculated, such as medical expenses, loss of earnings, property damage, rental car, etc.
- Non-economic Damages: These are damages that are not tangible like your hard medical costs. Instead, they are more subjective in value. Your physical pain and suffering, emotional distress, loss of companionship, mental anguish, etc., fall under non-economic damages.
- Punitive Damages: Punitive damages are designed to punish the at-fault party. They are reserved for cases where the defendant’s actions were intentional or so shocking the court wants to set an example. Drunk driving is one type of accident where punitive damages are awarded.
What to Do If You’ve Been in an Auto Accident
You should always remain at the scene and contact the police, especially if there are injuries. Even if you aren’t at fault, leaving the accident scene without exchanging information is against the law. It could also jeopardize your claim against the other party. If your injuries aren’t too severe, try to get scene photos. They can prove to be crucial evidence in your claim.
If you are injured, seek treatment right away if you aren’t transported to the hospital from the accident scene. Explain the accident specifics and your pain to your doctor. Be sure to adhere to any follow-up treatment suggested, or the defendant’s insurance will use it against you.
You also need to report the accident to your insurance company. Refrain from giving a recorded statement to the other driver’s insurance until you retain an attorney. They are looking for anything they can use against you to blame you for the accident.
Contact Our Red River Parish Auto Accident Lawyers
If another negligent driver injured you, let our skilled Red River Parish auto accident lawyers help. Contact Rice & Kendig at 318-222-2772 to schedule a consultation. Our knowledgeable team is here for you when you need a legal advocate.