DeSoto Parish Truck Accident Lawyer
Commercial trucks like tractor-trailers can weigh up to 80,000 pounds. Because of their weight, these vehicles can cause horrifying injuries after slamming into smaller vehicles on the road.
At Rice & Kendig, LLC, our team of DeSoto Parish truck accident lawyers can spring into action to help anyone involved in a collision with one of these vehicles. Our team understands how to negotiate with trucking companies and their insurance companies, as well as how to find helpful evidence to prove fault. We will discuss your rights to compensation free of charge in an initial consultation.
Truck Accident Injuries
Truck accidents unfold in different ways, such as jackknife, rollovers, underrides, and overrides. When trucks are going at high speeds, they can crush vehicles and the occupants inside.
Our Desoto Parish truck accident lawyers have fought for compensation for clients suffering from:
- Broken bones
- Soft-tissue injuries, including strains and sprains
- Nerve damage
- Abrasions and lacerations
- Joint injuries
- Neck injuries
- Spinal column injury
- Herniated discs
- Crush injuries
- Spinal cord injury
These injuries require expensive medical treatment, including surgery and rehabilitation. Many clients will end up missing weeks and possibly months of work as they struggle to recover.
The trucking industry has its own federal agency that oversees the industry. The Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration has adopted many regulations designed to further public safety, such as:
- Hours of service regulations, which limit the amount of time that truck drivers can spend behind the wheel and on the job. These regulations are designed to reduce fatigue and reduce the risk of accidents.
- Drug testing requirements. Employers must perform drug testing on any truck driver involved in an accident or whenever the employer suspects a trucker is impaired. Employers must suspend any trucker who fails a test or refuses to take one.
- Insurance requirements. Trucks that travel across state lines must carry a minimum amount of insurance, depending on the types of cargo they haul. At a minimum, most trucks should have $750,000, which can pay out compensation to injured victims.
Companies that ignore these requirements end up endangering public health and safety. They are also vulnerable to a lawsuit.
Fighting for Compensation is Never Easy
Our DeSoto Parish truck accident lawyers have brought several claims against truckers, truck companies, loading companies, and truck manufacturers or mechanics. We fully investigate an accident to understand how it unfolded so that we can hold the correct parties accountable.
Suing a truck driver or truck company is not the same as filing a claim after a car accident. Truck companies pull out all the stops to defend themselves against claims, and more money is at stake. Without an attorney, you could easily sue the wrong entity in the wrong court and lose out on badly-needed compensation for your injuries.
Call Us to Schedule a Free Consultation
A DeSoto Parish truck accident lawyer is standing by to review your case. Because Louisiana law gives victims a brief amount of time to press their rights, please contact us today.