DeSoto Parish Motorcycle Accident Lawyer
Motorcycle accidents are unlike other motor vehicle collisions. When riding a motorcycle, a person is completely exposed to the elements and can suffer a direct blow in a crash. Even worse, serious accidents can send a biker flying through the air, causing even worse injuries when they strike an object or skid along the asphalt.
At Rice & Kendig, LLC, our DeSoto Parish motorcycle accident lawyers have helped many injured motorcyclists bring claims for compensation against negligent drivers. These are complicated cases to bring, and we encourage everyone to reach out to our firm today to schedule a confidential, free consultation.
Motorcycle Accident Injuries
Our clients have suffered some horrific injuries in motorcycle accidents, including:
- Road rash. This is a type of abrasion a person can suffer when exposed skin rubs along asphalt and dirt. Road rash can easily become infected and might require skin grafts.
- Biker’s arm. A motorcyclist might brace for impact by wrapping an arm around their chest or abdomen. The arm then suffers a direct blow, damaging nerves. Biker’s arm can lead to weakness, tingling, and disability.
- Broken bones are common in the arms, legs, and pelvis following a motorcycle accident. Multiple fractures can require extensive recovery, possibly even surgery.
- Brain injuries. Even if wearing a helmet, a biker can suffer a serious brain injury, leading to bleeding and impairments. A closed, traumatic brain injury can impair memory, mood, sleep, and coordination.
- Spinal column injuries. Any injury to the spinal column can cause debilitating pain, weakness, and possibly paralysis.
Compensation for Your Accident
Motorcyclists involved in accidents have large expenses. Fortunately, they can request that anyone liable for the accident pay them compensation to cover:
- Necessary medical care to treat their injuries
- Future medical care if their injuries are permanent
- Lost income and lost future income
- Damage to their bike and other property
- Pain and suffering
Many victims underestimate the amount of compensation they can request. In particular, they shortchange themselves when it comes to intangible losses like pain, suffering, and inconvenience. Let our DeSoto Parish motorcycle accident lawyers review your case to ensure that you receive the most compensation available under the law.
Holding Negligent Motorists Responsible
In most accidents, a negligent motorist is to blame for the collision. Many drivers hate sharing the road with motorcyclists. Some even drive dangerously close to motorcycles, so accidents are not uncommon. In our experience, most accidents happen at intersections and parking lots where motorists refuse to yield or simply overlook a bike and pull directly into it. Everyone drives carelessly at some point. But when a motorist’s carelessness leads to a crash, then they are liable.
Finding appropriate evidence is difficult, since few motorists will admit they were negligent. Instead, our attorneys are adept at interviewing witnesses, examining physical evidence, and questioning drivers. We can also work with reconstruction experts to “recreate” the accident to better understand it.
DeSoto Parish Motorcycle Accident Lawyers
Negotiating a favorable settlement requires time and legal experience. Hire the seasoned legal team at Rice & Kendig, LLC to negotiate for you. We know what it takes to get motorists and their insurers to the table to bargain in good faith. Call us today to schedule a free, no-risk consultation.